The New York State Federation of Republican Women establlished the NYSFRW Scholarship in 2009 in honor of their past presidents.
An annual scholarship of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) is avalable to provide financial assistance and support to a young woman who has been accepted at an accredited college, who is a daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, sister, or niece of a current NYSFRW and NFRW member who has been a paid member of both organizations in good standing for at least the past three years. The scholarship will be awarded by August 15th of each year. Scholarship winners may not reapply.
A complete application must include the following:
- Official Application Form, Sections A - D completed.
- Three letters of recommendation, including telephone numbers of authors for follow-up
- An official copy of your high school transcript
- A one page typed essay stating the reason why the applicant should be considered for the scholarship.
- A one-page typed essay on career goals.
- New York State Federation of Republican Women Local Club President’s Certification.
Only Completed Applications will be Considered
Applications must be submitted to your local federated club president by June 15th.
Only one application may be submitted per NYSFRW local club.
Local NYSFRW Club Presidents must submit applications to the NYSFRW President by July 15th.
The NYSFRW Scholarship Committee will choose the scholarship winner.